Friday, April 2, 2010

Restaurant: City Coffeehouse and Creperie

I looked up restaurants before leaving to choose a lunch and two dinners for us while we were in Saint Louis, along with backups.

I did not choose breakfast.

stl 019

stl 016Saturday morning, I did a search on Google maps for “breakfast” near our hotel. We went to City Coffeehouse & Creperie and it was really good. Looking at the website, I got the idea it would be fancier. Inside, the atmosphere was comfortable and the food was good. Nothing too fancy about it. I’ve talked about crepes twice on this blog, and I have two additional places I get crepes. I’d never eaten many crepes until the last few years, but now they are “in the rotation.”

Boy, am I glad we did. We were in a town called Clayton, which seemed to be a business district that was pretty quiet over the weekend. We walked a few blocks to City Coffeehouse, and it was hopping! By the time we left, people were waiting for tables. (We were there early, even after sleeping in, as we were coming from a different time zone.) We ordered at the counter and took an Eiffel-tower shaped number holder to our table.

They have a coffeehouse board of drink selections and fresh-squeezed orange juice.

We split a Belgian waffle with pecans and bananas and a veggie crepe. There were actually several vegetarian selections, including The Provence, which is brie with apples, grapes, and walnuts. That sounds really good. The Veggie had broccoli, carrots, mushroom, spinach, tomatoes, and green onions.

Waffle with two toppings, $6.95 : Veggie crepe, $7.25

I wonder where the other diners were coming from. Maybe there is a nearby residential neighborhood, maybe they are working on Saturday, or maybe they find it worth the drive. We seriously considered going again Sunday morning, but we chose to visit the Gateway Arch instead. I can’t decide if that was a good decision or not.


City Coffee House & Creperie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment