Sunday, April 18, 2010

Actual Vegan Brunch: Peanut Butter Waffles

I’m not usually one for sweets, especially in the morning, but I do love pancakes and waffles. Especially in the afternoon, with beer. But I decided to make waffles for breakfast, and as I’m trying to break away from using the boxed mixes, I chose a recipe from Vegan Brunch.*

043

I halved the recipe and made four big waffles, and especially with the peanut butter, they were thick and filling. I could hardly finish one, let along the two in the photograph. These were good, though, with maple syrup in the batter as well as on top. The recipe called for chunky peanut butter, and I only had creamy, but I think the addition of some nuts (peanuts or another kind) would have been a welcome addition.

*I’ve written about this book so frequently now that Windows Live Writer automatically put that link there for me. Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment