Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sweet Potato Chili

Several days after having my wisdom teeth removed, I was feeling better, but still not up to chewing or eating normal foods. On top of that, I was hungry and bored with store-bought soup. I made some sweet potato chili, which I first heard of at Sweet Art but I’ve heard it mentioned several times since.

I grabbed a recipe from Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker, so all I had to do was chop some veggies, peel some sweet potatoes, and let my crock pot do the rest. (While I slept all afternoon.)

006

This is made with sweet potatoes, kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, onion, and red bell pepper, and is seasoned with chili powder and garlic. After all this cooks in the slow cooker, add some smoky chipotle peppers. In my bowl there, I mashed it slightly. This was good, and I like the combination of beans and sweet potatoes, but I still feel like it was missing something. I’ll try sweet potato chili again, but I think I’ll look at different recipes.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, aren't Crock Pots awesome? I love that you can sleep and cook at the same time. Thank you, inventor of the slow cooker.

    ReplyDelete