Thursday, May 20, 2010

Speaking of a quick supper… Hurry Up!

I made pasta & veggies with Hurry Up Alfredo from Vegan Yum Yum. I had some broccoli I wanted needed to use and didn’t want to bother grocery shopping, plus I’ve eaten so much broccoli lately I could only think of one way I haven’t had it lately: with alfredo.

I boiled some water and blanched my broccoli and some carrots, then used the same water (gasp!) to boil some Trader Joe’s whole wheat penne. I also sautéed some cremini mushrooms, then tossed them all in a baking dish with the alfredo and some tomato sauce. I like it mixed.

The best part is that while this baked, I could wash the two dishes I used to boil and sauté, plus take a shower, then sit down to this and be ready for my night.

023

Although the vegan alfredo wasn’t like the Classico jarred stuff I used to eat, it was good in its own way. It’s made from soymilk, cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, and a few more ingredients all thrown in a blender. I tried some right from the blender and some mixed with the tomato sauce because I didn’t want to commit to something sub-par. It was go-od. If you’re not convinced yet, I encourage you to click the link above (or here) because the photo over there is so much prettier than my photo.

2 comments:

  1. That looks great (or yum yum) and the broccoli looks so green. I must ask, though, why you always seem to have so much produce you just "must" use? I would think for you that would be a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey don't sell yourself short - that pasta lookes DELICIOUS! I like how it has that baked crumbly look, it's the best part of any macaroni dish! :)

    ReplyDelete