Friday, February 12, 2010

Easy Dinner: Spaghetti and Meatless Balls

Articokes 017

Some nights, we need something easy, and these days I would prefer a quick meal at home to take out. I want to enjoy my dinners out and not just buy restaurant food when there’s little time to cook.

Pasta is always a big hit in our house, and I picked up some meatless balls when I loaded up on frozen foods at Trader Joe’s. These were good. They’re mostly textured vegetable protein (TVP) and they come in a resealable freezer bag. I put 10 in a pot of jarred sauce and heated them on the stove (4 for me, 6 for him).

Articokes 007

I’ll admit it: I cheat sometimes. This week it's been snowy, and even though we didn't get nearly as much as other areas, stores are still closing and it's tough to get around. I've been working my way through the fridge, freezer, and pantry. These meatless balls are good, though. Do you have a favorite prepared food?

No comments:

Post a Comment