Sunday, December 20, 2009

More Holiday Treats

Would you like to see what I've been up to this weekend?

Fudge, with walnuts, from The Joy of Vegan Baking.


I also made a tasty vegan fruitcake. I searched online for a good recipe, reviewed a few, and found a gem of a website with complete and well-written recipes. This is Bryanna's Low-Fat Vegan Carrot Fruitcake. I've never made fruitcake before, but this was really tasty. I used those super-sticky-sweet store bought candied fruits (high fructose corn syrup, I know) and both walnuts and pecans because I love them both.


I'm cutting all my holiday treat recipes in half so I can enjoy a variety, but I'm almost ready for another batch of oatmeal cookies. I think I'll make this this time with nuts and dried cranberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment