Sunday, December 20, 2009

Company's Coming!

I did a quick search at Amazon for the cookbook I remember called Company's Coming. Couldn't find it. No biggie.

Tomorrow, my parents are visiting. They haven't been here since last February. I need to get them into town when it's not winter, but I guess this year between my wedding and my brother's wedding, this is the best we can do. At least there's snow in the forecast, which somehow makes the cold more tolerable. They rarely see snow in their part of Tennessee, and my father gets excited like a little boy about snow.

I've been trying to decide for a while what to cook for them. Tomorrow, I'll work a regular day, and they'll be in late afternoon. I was thinking we'd eat something at home, but what? I'm seriously leaning toward lasagne with mushrooms and spinach. I don't know how they'd handle tofu or seitan. Tuesday night we have firm supper plans, but we have one more supper and two lunches to plan. We'll see how it goes, I'm going to try to relax the planner and food-lover in me and just go with the flow.

Where do you take your company to show off the best of your city?

No comments:

Post a Comment